Current scholars can apply for an activity grant of up to AUD 1,000 (for opportunities in Australia) or up to AUD 1,500 (for international opportunities).
Scholars will be responsible for finding an appropriate opportunity that aligns with one of the themes and enhances their Development Impact Plan (DIP) or Development Impact Linkages Plan (DILP).
Scholars will have to provide details of the activity, including cost, duration, and location, as part of the application. Examples of suitable opportunities include attending a conference or online course, participating in networking opportunities, or publishing research results.
Please note that the Australia Awards team will not be responsible for finding an appropriate activity for a scholar.
In addition to the general eligibility criteria (listed below), applicants seeking an activity grant must:
- Have completed at least one semester of coursework.
- Have at least one semester of Scholarship left to complete (study end date on or after June 2023).
- Arrange all logistics about their attendance at the nominated activity.
- Commit to submitting a completion report, a summary of the activity/ event, relevant photos, and quotes as required.
For the current round launching in October 2022, applications must be submitted by 31 October 2022 for any opportunity from November 2022 to March 2023. Scholars will be informed of their acceptance in early November 2022.
Grant activities must align with one or more of the following themes:
- Experience: activities focusing on the invaluable experience of gaining a world-class education and living in Australia.
- Collective: activities focusing on developing personal and professional networks and partnerships.
- Empowerment: activities focusing on the individual’s pursuit to make a difference in their lives and for their country.
In addition, scholars are encouraged to identify opportunities that align with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s Partnerships for Recovery framework or the priority areas in the Australia Awards Global Strategic Framework 2021–2024, which include:
- health security
- economic recovery
- agriculture, fisheries & water
- building resilience
- education and health
- effective governance
- gender equality and women’s empowerment
- infrastructure, innovation & trade.
A scholar can receive a maximum of one grant per academic year, with a maximum of two grants awarded to any scholar over their Scholarship duration. We anticipate advertising another activity grant round in early 2023, as well as an internship grant round.