Call for applications to attend the Scholars Forum Spring 2019
Posted: 25 July 2019
Participation is now being sought for Australia Awards – South and West Asia scholars to attend the Scholars Forum Spring 2019 with the theme “Working together for gender equality in South and West Asia”.
The Forum, to be held in Canberra on the 30th and 31st of October 2019, will bring together Scholars from South and West Asia for a program of professional development and high-profile networking opportunities.
The Forum will be attended by representatives from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, senior representatives of women’s advocacy groups, Male Champions of Change, and academics and staff from Australian universities and institutions. It will be an excellent opportunity for Australia Awards scholars to learn more about the economic, developmental, social and human rights benefits of gender equality and be empowered to influence change upon returning home.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a current Australia Awards scholar
- be from Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka
- be available to attend the event in Canberra on 30 – 31 October 2019
Participation in the Forum will be determined through a competitive process. As part of the application, you must provide responses to the following questions:
1. How do you expect to benefit from participation in the Scholars Forum? (200 words)
2. How will you ensure that your learnings from the Forum are shared with others or that others will benefit practically from your involvement? (200 words)
Applications must be submitted by midnight on Monday, August 12 2019.
Interstate travel and accommodation will be provided to scholars selected to attend.
If you wish to be considered for this event, please submit your application online. The deadline for application for this has now passed.